Dikshita Sur

Spirituality, Movies, Podcasts, Happenings, Websites, Thoughts & Random Fun Stuff.

For the Soul

There are such few songs in my ipod that i keep going back to over and over and over again. These are songs that I can listen to my entire lifetime probably and never get sick of them and I get the same feeling I did when I heard them for the first time. And that is exactly what music is supposed to do to your soul. If it takes your soul to the same place it did the first time, thats the music for your soul.

My everyday religion after I come back home from long hours of work and insane driving is to turn up the decibel levels in my room and let my ears do the rest of the talking to myself until the moon is high up in the sky and shining boldly. Occasionally my dad wakes up and walks into my room just to re-assure himself that I haven't gone completely berserk listening to music instead of catching some sleep after a long day of work. What music does to my soul is something that even sleep cannot do.

Thinking aloud here on this blog, I do feel, that it is such a miracle that the human mind has the gift from God to make, create and give birth to waves of sound we call music. It is the unspoken language transcending all forms of communication,expectations and judgement, that has the strength to break all barriers of the heart and enter boldly like a majestic lion entering his kingdom, yet, as gentle and subtle like the touch of a feather, stirring the soul to unfathomable depths of ecstasy.



"..And in the end, we lie awake, and we dream we'll make an escape...."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

"This blog is dedicated to the best of things that I experience, in my world, in my words! Thanks for being a part of my world through my blog. God Bless."

- Dikshita Sur.

Counters

Visitor map

Site Meter

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed